The Shan Herald Agency for News (SHAN) is a private, nonprofit, multi-media organization which was established in Shan State in 1991. Our mission is to create a more informed and consequently a more empowered community by filling the information void and shedding light on the current situation in Burma, especially Shan State. As a media organization, we strive to provide credible news that is professionally produced with high-quality standards of journalism in multi-ethnic languages and which reflects the views of ethnic people, thus creating a better understanding among all the people of our nation.
Shan Herald Agency for News (SHAN)
To contribute to an informed, democratic, fair, truthful and just society in Burma with respect for ethnic unity and the rule of law
To provide credible, multimedia news that is professionally produced with high standards of journalism in multi-ethnic languages; news that reflects the views of ethnic people, thus creating a better understanding among all people of Burma
Advertising Policy: Term and Guideline
SHAN has always attempted to fill the information void and shed light on the current situation in Shan State and across Burma, where the media is closely controlled and censored. We strongly believe in freedom of expression and support Burma’s cultural diversity, therefore we do not accept advertisements that incite hatred or promote violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation or gender identity. We want to promote diversity, but also security; and these goals drive our advertising policy. Advertisers must be sincere and honest about the products or services their ads promote; they must avoid content that misleads or offends; and they must never compromise our users’ privacy. These advertising policies apply to all advertisements on SHAN.
The following ad content is prohibited:
- Content that promotes or otherwise encourages dangerous behavior;
- Content that demeans, degrades or shows hatred toward a particular race, gender, culture, country, belief or toward any individual;
- Content that exploits an individual who is drunk or otherwise intoxicated;
- Content depicting nudity, sexual behavior or obscene gestures;
- Content depicting drug use;
- Shocking, sensational or disrespectful content;
- Deceptive, false or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers or business practices; and
- Content that deceives users into providing personal information without their knowledge, under false pretenses, or to companies that resell, trade or otherwise misuse that personal information.
- Adult products and services (other than contraceptives: see below);
- Cigarettes (including e-cigarettes), cigars, smokeless tobacco, and other tobacco products;
- Ads that promote or reference alcohol;
- Products or services principally dedicated to selling counterfeit goods or engaging in copyright piracy;
- Get-rich-quick or pyramid schemes or offers or any other deceptive or fraudulent offers;
- Illegal or recreational drugs or drug paraphernalia;
- Counterfeit, fake or bootleg products, or replicas or imitations of designer products;
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition or accessories;
- Ads that promote particular securities or that provide or allege to provide insider tips;
- Any illegal conduct, product or enterprise.
All advertisements are subject to our organization’s review and approval. We reserve the right to reject or remove any ad at our sole discretion for any reason. We also reserve the right to request modifications to any advertisement, and to require factual substantiation for any claim made in it.
Advertise with us:
Please contact our advertising department
Tel: +95 793476789